Wednesday, April 1, 2015

How&Why We Chose a Home Daycare

One of my biggest stressors before giving birth to Haidyn was where she was going to stay while we were at work. I already knew that I couldn’t be a stay at home mom when I entertained the idea for a few days when I was pregnant. I became stir crazy within 2 days and ran out of errands to do.  So upon returning to work it was a VERY huge deal on who would be taking care of her while I was away from her. I wanted to find a center/provider that had;  experience with children, education and continual training required for childhood development, committed employees/provider, licensed facility with a stimulating environment for children, excellent referrals and someone who genuinely was going to love my child.  I do want to clarify that Waymon and I were NOT looking for a babysitter; we were looking for a provider to teach our child what she needs to know at each developmental stage while having fun. The price of the school didn’t matter as much as the quality of care that we were going to receive in return.  

I was in the childcare field for a few years, so I knew going into interviews with providers on what to ask and to expect. I felt like I had simple requests/questions for the providers (you can see the interview questions/links I used below) but Waymon was not convinced that anyone would be able to take care of Haidyn as well as we could let alone love her while they took care of her, until we met Ms. Pattie.  I received a referral from a parent that I knew through my previous daycare job. I felt that we had the same standards when looking for provider, so I went with her referral and I’m extremely glad that I did.


Pattie was the one provider that came backed with outstanding credentials and passion during her interview. Pattie runs a chemical-free, organic facility and runs small ratios while she provides a full age appropriate curriculum, is consistent with the children and is currently going under National Accreditation. Haidyn wasn’t just another number for her center. She was genuinely interested in looking after what was best for Haidyn and not was easy to do for her.  Pattie aced our phone and personal interview thoroughly and made us feel at ease about bringing Haidyn to her. Everything that Pattie has told us during our interview process she has stood by 100% and has never strayed away from it.  Pattie loves her children and her children love her. We loved how small her ratio was with her facility. Haidyn would get the one on one time we couldn't gI've her during the day other centers couldn't provide that nor could they provide any of the above.

 

 

The constant stimulation at her facility has allowed our little girl to thrive and excel on her monthly ASQ’s and on a daily basis. My almost 1 year old can say 8 words, enjoys all vegetables/fruits and various foods, understands directions and can interact with her peers /others without any struggle and is beginning to walk all thanks to Pattie. There is no greater joy than knowing that my child is in good hands every day. More importantly, Haidyn comes home from school everyday happy and energetic (even on her sick days) and always gives Ms. Pattie kisses and loves before leaving. We chose the best provider and I would take any of our future other child(ren) /refer her to anyone out there.
 



 





THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND 


0 comments:

Post a Comment