Sunday, March 29, 2015

three|sunny.nine



This week has been one of those weeks that it seems like I'm fast forwarding through since I'm extremely tired. The week came and went faster than I could write this up for you all!

 [01.]
Move Night took place in our home last weekend.
 Waymon and I can NEVER rent just one movie. I don’t know what it is, but we have to rent at least 2 movies to make renting worth our while. I’ve been hunting down these two movies for what seems like forever now and we FINALLY got to watch them! <<Gone Girl>> I watched this movie last Sunday with Waymon because of all of the recommendations from my friends. My intention was to read the book THEN watch the movie, but that wasn’t how things panned out. I’m excited that I finally got to watch this movie though. I was in suspense the entire time. It did such a great job keeping you on edge and wanting to know more. I definitely will sit there and read the book, hopefully sometime this year. Haha I have so many books on my nightstand to read that I haven’t gotten to. Watching this movie definitely put me in the mood to read!<<Alexander and the terrible no good very bad day>> We loved this movie! Any movie with Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner is right up our alley.  I loved how the moral of the movie was to always be positive no matter what the situation may be. I told Waymon how I actually love the chaos of their family in the movie. They had 4 kids and a working mom, so you know that I was all over that aspect of it. It’s no secret to my husband that I want a big family. Haidyn even sat down for a while watching the movie with us. I’m pretty sure she liked all of the commotion as well.   



[02.]
I’ve been obsessed with Kurt lately ever since Waymon bought me a Nirvana CD and I watched his documentary at the beginning of this year. I know it’s cliché of me, but I feel like I just need to know everything about him. I’m a complete fan girl as of lately I will admit and this new documentary will be the icing on the cake for me. If there is going to be a date night in our near future, I want it to be to the premiere of this movie on HBO; If we can’t get our hands on the HBO premiere then I’ll have to wait until the DVD comes out :[  The trailer got me hooked right away, but I mean how it could not when it is Kurt Cobain? I’m interested to see what this documentary has that the others don’t.
[03.]
Once a year my sister typically comes to visit during the kids’ Spring Break. This year it was even more amazing to see her and the kids since Haidyn got to hang out with them too. Last year when she came it was when Haidyn was a little older than 3 months or so.  My sister loved Haidyn and Haidyn absolutely adored my sister. Who could resist Auntie Love? I’m glad that I finally get to enjoy motherhood as my sister has all these years. I can’t wait until she comes to visit again when Bean is WALKING! Ahh that’s trouble on its own. ;]

[04.]
I wanted to take a moment and express truly blessed I am with great friends that have turned into my family. I’m not always able to get together with them due to my hectic schedule, but when we get together via face time or in person I’m so grateful. This past week Haidyn and I got to hang out with my childhood best friend: Brigid via face time. Haidyn was so excited that she kept saying “Hi” throughout our conversation. While on the weekend, we got to get together with Auntie Shann and the girls. I loved hanging out at the parks with the girls and Shann. Haidyn loves her cousins even if she does get a little claustrophobic with them around haha.

[05.]
Overnight oats In my attempts to become healthier and not overeat I’ve become obsessed with overnight oats for breakfast. It’s an easy way to get breakfast in without having to over think it. I try to make them 3 days in advance so that I always have something to eat in the morning without having to rush. This breakfast keeps me full for a long time most times until lunch without a snack and I eat it around 6:00 am (lunch is at noon). Here is how I make them. :]


[06.]
 I’ve been making our own bread and I’m getting pretty good at making them.  So far I’ve made us wheat bread, French bread and cheddar jalapeno bread. I promise to posts on the breads soon. It’s such a messy process that I hate having to hold my camera as I make it. The recipes are easy and my they are so much better than store bought. I definitely appreciate it more since I make it myself. Waymon is definitely in love with the fact that his wife can make any bread he wants now. I may have gotten myself in trouble with that one ahah. :] But if any of you have any easy recipes for bread let me know! I’d love to recreate the and I will be posting my recipes soon.


[07.]

I read the viral “Why We Need to Stop Asking, 'How Do You Do It All?”, by the Huffington Post this week and it really sat with me all week. I can’t tell you how exhausted I am of telling people I can’t do it all, but I do what I can. I’ve already figured out that I will never be the perfect all, though I may try it’s just not possible. My husband cleans up the kitchen and does our laundry on the days that I end up falling asleep with Haidyn. I’ve learned to take like one moment at a time because that moment with Haidyn and Waymon is a lot more important that a clean house or having the laundry done. I love this post!  

[08.]

Speaking of how important family is to me. It’s no secret that Waymon and I want a bigger family. We’re not quite sure how big we want our family, but we’re pretty certain that we want at least 1 more child. We talk about baby names, our possible new home, a new dog and etc for our family and I can't help but by giddy! I don’t know when it’s all happening yet, but we’ve assumed sometime in our future (not anytime near) . The thought of thinking of our growing family excites me more than anything. I loved being pregnant with Haidyn and I love seeing my husband become the best father there is. We both secretly wish that we will have another little girl next to complete our family. If we have everything planned right, we will try again in a few years so that we’re more situated with Haidyn because God knows we don’t need two babies in the house!
[09.]
I went shopping with Haidyn for her Easter basket and it has the coolest stuff in it that I already know she is going to love. It's different from my vision of her basket, thanks to me never finding anything at our local stores. I can't wait until she sees it next week!

Have a Great Week Everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment