Monday, August 31, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins




I’ve recently made it a rule in my house and to all of our friends and family to not throw away their ripe bananas (no matter how ripe they are) as I’ve become very determined to transform them into something delicious! In addition to making banana bread with the bananas ( my banana bread recipe is here) I made these bad boys!  Oh my gosh, they’re to die for. In the midst of my healthy eating I managed to sneak one of these bad boys into my meals to snack on and it was so worth it. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate mixed with bananas. 



INGREDIENTS
  • 1½ cups mashed bananas ( 2- 3 bananas )
  • ⅓ cup oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1½ cups flour
  • ¼ cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips ( you can do chocolate chips )
  • Sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins * optional 


DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl combine bananas, oil and egg .
  3. Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder in separate bowl.
  4.  Add to banana mixture to flour mixture.

  5. Stir in peanut butter chips.
  6. Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin tins.

  7. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with 1 teaspoon of sugar. * optional
  8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.

      

0 comments:

Post a Comment