Friday, November 6, 2015

Cherry & Peach Coffee Cake w/ Crumb Topping



I love this recipe because it’s so easy and versatile. You can change the entire cake with just switching out the pie filling of your choice. I made 2 cakes with half peach and half cherry for more variation.  I made this ahead the night before my Friday work meeting and it turned out better than I ever envisioned.  My husband even helped and loved the recipe, which you know that’s a huge win for me! Remember that pie filling from a month ago? I used it here!



INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup sugar (if you prefer less sugar use 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1 can cherry pie filling or flavor of your choice ( I used store bought ½ can cherry filling and homemade peach pie filling )


DIRECTIONS

1.      Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.        Grease a 9×13 baking pan with butter.
3.       Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and melted butter in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until crumbly.
4.       Take 1/2 cup of the crumbs out of the bowl and set aside.
5.       In a small bowl whisk the slightly beaten eggs and milk together, add milk mixture to the large bowl of crumbs and stir until incorporated.  (There will be small lumps in the batter.)
6.       Pour the batter into your prepared 9×13 inch baking pan.
7.        Spread the cherry pie filling over the cake. ( I spread my cherry filling on one side of the cake and peach of the other. )

8.        Sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the pie filling.
9.       Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes. Check the cake at 35 minutes.
10.    Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack.









0 comments:

Post a Comment