Wednesday, August 5, 2015

JANNINE 2.0



I’ve been feeling so much like a robot mom lately that I’ve honestly forgotten how to be me as odd as that sounds. I no longer stress if I have the cutest outfits on, nor do I stress about having my face or hair as perfect as can be. Now I’m just hoping that I have on a matching pair of shoes and that my clothes don’t have a stain on them from our play time. As much as I’d like to complain about how becoming a Mom has changed my life to becoming a boring, over scheduled, sleep deprived zombie I honestly can’t. Every time I look at Haidyn and still can’t believe she’s mine- all mine.

I was blessed with an amazing daughter that loves me whether I’m all dressed up or down. I dress and do my hair/makeup a certain way that suites my life now as a Mom. I don’t have hours to get dressed and ready, instead I have minutes to get myself put together. Haidyn thankfully helps me with the makeup process as she tries to put some on me as well.  I dress in a way that’s comfortable for me to hang out with her and play with her at a moment’s notice when we’re at the store, out and about at the park and etc.


Now don’t get me wrong, I could try a bit harder than I would now, but I’m sure that will be a process in itself.   Our lives are packed with Haidyn’s schedule and extracurricular activities, family gatherings and work that I’ve forgotten to take some time for myself. The past couple weeks, I finally took the time (okay I scheduled it) to get my hair trimmed and layered and colored because I had to come to terms with the fact that my long black heavy hair was just not cutting it. I can’t believe, that I still did all of that. I, of course, teared up once my hair was being trimmed and thankfully my stylist is also a great friend of mine so she knew how emotional I was when everything was being done. She talked me through everything as if she wasn’t really cutting my hair. Thankfully, she scheduled my hair coloring for 2 weeks after the cut because I was having a mini breakdown after the cut.

She was patient enough with me, which I couldn’t have asked for a better stylist and friend. I love my new hair and look in general. I didn't do anything drastic, just a little spruce in my hair to make it not so drab. It’ll be easier to upkeep and style when I’m in a rush in the mornings for work or with Haidyn on the weekends. I feel like my old-self again. It’s incredible what a fresh haircut, color and perspective can do to someone isn’t it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment