Friday, August 7, 2015

DIY- Jean Jacket to Jean Vest



Let me start off by telling all of you how much I hate my jean jackets. My mom would be me one to wear every year for school and they would sit at the back of my closet because I hated them that much. Now I only have one denim jacket that I sort of like, but wanted it to turn it into something I would actually wear. Behold, the denim vest. Haidyn also has a denim jacket too which I don’t see her wearing anytime soon so I decided that I would re-purpose the jackets into vests! They’re now a lot cuter and usable than before. DIY can’t get any better when all you need is a pair of scissors!


WHAT YOU NEED

  • Denim jacket
  • Scissors
  • Razor for fraying vest * optional

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cut the arms off of the jacket as close as you can to the seams. It doesn’t have to be perfect. And you're done!
    mama's jacket 

     





     baby jacket
     

     

  2. ** optional **Take your new vest and razor blade. Run your blade up and down the edges where you just cut.
  3. Rock your vest ! 





I feel now that I can actually wear this denim vest a lot more than I would a denim jacket. It’s just the cover up I need for the summer time! I love being able to re-purpose my old clothes  and I can't help but match my mini. Also, how cute does she look!!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment