Friday, May 12, 2017

Banana PB Overnight Oats | 21 Day Fix Approved




Overnight oats is one of my favorite make ahead breakfasts because of how easy it is to make. I wake up starving in the morning and ready to eat. These oats make it so I just have to pick up the jar and eat. You really don’t want to see my hangry, I can’t be trusted! If you’re meal prepping these, I would only make 2 days ahead of time , three days is the max for overnight oats with bananas.  I love this oatmeal a lot better than the hot oatmeal now. Most likely, because I can eat it a lot faster. 
 


INGREDIENTS 

  • 1 Banana
  • ¼ cup Oats
  • 6 oz. Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 tsp PB (or any other nut butter)
  • 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
  • ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract * optional


DIRECTIONS 

  1. In a mason jar combine all ingredients together and put a lid on the jar.
  2. Place in fridge overnight.
  3. In the morning, shake or stir ingredients in jar and enjoy.

This simple overnight oats is simple to change to whatever fruits or nut butters you have on hand. I’ve done these oats with almost every fruit imaginable and it’s perfect. I typically don’t add any other sweeteners other than PB or maple syrup, but feel free to adjust these measurements if you’re not on the 21DF. Prior to my 21DF diet I would use up to 1 tablespoon of PB. 



21DF serving = 1 YELLOW / 1 PROTEIN / 1 FRUIT / 2 TSP

0 comments:

Post a Comment