Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Badassery & The Year of Yes


I’m an extreme play it safe person.  It’s pretty ridiculous and honestly really pathetic. I stay away from things that might be dangerous or cause me to go outside my comfort zone. It’s so bad that in my head I convince myself that the worst thing that could happen to me WILL happen to me if I go through with the “dangerous act”. To give you a little taste of my cowardness (that’s not even a word but it’s my word) ; You should’ve seen me in Disneyland in tears trying to get on to Space Mountain. I convinced the guys that something from Final Destination would happen to me while I was on the roller coaster. I was having a panic attack walking to the attraction’s entrance. I knew how ridiculous I was being, I knew that I wasn’t going to die. I went on the ride and didn’t die but I also didn’t have fun. What’s wrong with me? If there is one thing I don’t like it’s my cowardness. It stops me from doing so much. It also doesn’t help that I’m married to a thrill seeker. I’m lucky my husband even looks my way with how boring I am. 
 
Cowardness at it's finest
My best friend gifted me Year of Yes for my birthday. She knows that I love everything Shonda Rhimes. The book couldn’t have come at a better time in my life. My birthday was when I had all of these revelations for my life. I AM tired of being boring and being safe. I want to be able to have fun and tell people on how I had fun. I never wanted to be the boring 26 year old. Who does? This book rocked my world. It’s changing my life.  



I’ve since then I’ve read this book, studied it, executed it in real life and now I’m preaching it to all of you. I think everyone should say YES to everything they’re afraid of. Jump with two feet in, be scared shitless and I promise you IT IS WORTH IT.  I’m feeling badass lately. I’m all about badassery as Shonda would say. I’m damn proud too. I’m going out of my comfort zone and I’m having so much fun and living to tell you all.  I can’t wait to gather my life of badassery and my own YEAR OF YES. If you’re looking for something to get you going like I was, I highly recommend this book. I love Shonda so much more now than I ever have.



" There is one rule. There rule is : there are no rules. Happiness comes from living as you need to , as you want  to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be. Being traditional is not traditional anymore. It's funny that we still think of it way. Normalize your lives, people. You don't want a baby? Don't have one. I don't want to get married? I wont. You want to live alone? Enjoy it. You want to love someone? Love someone. Don't apologize. Don't explain. Don't ever feel less than. When you feel the need to apologize or explain who you are, it means the voice in your head is telling you the wrong story. Wipe the slate clean. And rewrite it. No fairy tales. Be your own narrator. And go for a happy ending. One food in font of the other. You will make it. "





0 comments:

Post a Comment