Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Long Live Summer




It doesn’t get better than this summer! We didn’t plan anything for this summer and that made the perfect summer. Buying our home forced us to live off of the high of the unknown as well as us living out our suitcases the last few weeks in our old home.  Every weekend served as a new adventure for us to get out of the house and do something new with the entire family. It freaked me out not controlling our summer plans, but this “go with the flow” summer gave me a chance to actually enjoy Haidyn being old enough to do a lot of summer activities. She’s finally at the age where she can go off and play with herself and her cousins while I enjoy a beer ( or two) - it’s been a really long time since I could do that!

We learned this summer that running through the sprinklers solves all of our trouble and that our favorite place to be is at my in-laws’ where the girls can run and play until their hearts are content.  Haidyn is now talking more than ever and takes full advantage of taking a dance break anytime she hears music she loves. Her thrillseeker self has been pushing myself into worry mode as well as forcing me out of my safe comfort zone. Waymon on the other hand is enjoying every minute of Haidyn being rowdy as hell. Rory is obsessed with Haidyn and wants to do everything with her. You will find the both of them always together, whether it’s eating a snack, playing outside or relaxing after school. Sass on the other hand, is the one girl that loves the fact that she gets to sleep most of her day away with no one to bother her. I can’t blame her.

Waymon and I love watching our girls grow into their different personalities and witnessing how amazing this summer has been to us. Nothing beats late night movie nights with the entire family and of course we’re watching any Disney movie Haidyn gets her hands on.

Hoping you all enjoyed the summer as much as we did ! XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment