Friday, July 31, 2015

Cheesy Hasselback Chicken


I love when I create a dinner that looks much more difficult than it truly is. You can make anything "hasselback" by cutting slits into whatever you want to stuff i.e chicken, pork, potatoes and etc and stuffing them with whatever you want!  How amazing is that? I've done it before  with potatoes here. This recipe came from a lazy dinner night that I knew my husband was starving after coming home from work. Okay, okay you caught me he's like that majority of the time but I had to step my game up with the dinners. Haidyn loved the ham and of course the cheese and Waymon devoured every crumb on his plate. Do you need anymore proof that hasselbacking is the way of life? I don't think so!

INGREDIENTS:


  • 4 thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I used 2 to demonstrate)
  • 4-6 oz. deli-sliced ham, cut into strips ( I used ham , but you could use turkey if you prefer.)
  • 4 slices cheese, cut into strips (any kind of cheese you'd like, we used cheddar.)
  •  salt, pepper and parsely
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Slice slits about 1 incheapart in chicken breasts almost all the way through. Leave the bottom surface connected.

  3.  Place strips of ham and cheese into each slit.

  4. Sprinkle chicken with salt,pepper to taste and parsley . 

  5. Place on a greased baking sheet/dish of your choice .
  6. Bake  for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.  
    served with mix veggies and mash potatoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment