Saturday, July 4, 2015

Crockpot French Toast



Fridays at work are our meeting days where we get together and talk about our work week, all while we eat breakfast food and coffee. This week was my week and I made this Crockpot French toast! I wanted something simple and quick because I didn’t have much time the day before to make something extravagant. I don’t like to buy something store bought when I have the chance to make something. I soaked the bread mix at home and brought my Crockpot to work so that we could all have a freshly made breakfast to enjoy. I hope you all enjoy this recipe too! I doubled this recipe since my coworkers tend to eat a lot ( and I mean A LOT I am no exception to this statement) during our Friday meetings. [:

INGREDIENTS   

  • 1 loaf of bread sliced or diced 
  •   6 eggs 
  •   2 cups milk
  •   ½ tsp cinnamon
FRENCH TOAST TOPPING

  •     ¼ cup butter , softened
  •     ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
  •     1 tsp cinnamon
  •     ½ cup chopped pecans * optional
  •     Dash of nutmeg * optional
  •  Raisins * optional 

DIRECTIONS

  1.  Whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon and pour over diced bread in a large bowl. 




    i had to transfer the egg mixture into a bigger bowl since i doubled the recipe [:




     
  2. Cover and soak bread overnight  in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
  3.  Once you’re ready to cook spray Crockpot with cooking spray and pour entire pour soaked bread mixture in.  * I poured mine in right before I left for work**
  4.   In a small bowl mix together butter, brown sugar cinnamon, pecans and nutmeg.

  5.   Crumble of the top of the bread mix.


  6. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.

  7.  Let  the French toast sit for 15-20 minutes and serve with butter and syrup.

1 comments: