Monday, March 31, 2014

How to Clean Your Misto



My mom bought us the Misto so that we wouldn't waste money on cooking spray. The Misto is really great for saving you a penny on buying the latter so often. Let's face it... those sprays don't stay alive for very long before you have to buy another. They're sold in 3 packs at Costco, if I'm not mistaken.
The only thing about the Misto vs store bought cooking spray is the fact that you have to clean the darn thing. It's not as difficult as I thought. It's well worth it. You need to make sure you clean it every so often so that it doesn't clog. If you're me, you didn't clean yours very often and have owned it for awhile. My Misto was clogged so much so that I couldn't use it, therefore I HAD to clean it. :( Now my Misto is as good as new and I know how to clean the sucker.. finally!



Directions: 

  1. Fill your Misto to the fill line with hot tap water
  2. Add dish soap to water and shake to mix water and soap
  3. Pump 10-15 times 
  4. Spray for 10 seconds
  5. Allow soapy water to stay in sprayer overnight to break down oils in the sprayer


6. Rinse out Misto
7. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 6 with new hot water. 
8.Fill up with oil and use! 




2 comments:

  1. Tried it, it didn't work. It only sprays a stream. So bummed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to clean my several times to get it to work properly. But ultimately, bought a new one.

      Delete