Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Literary Booked | Vol. One




I’m striving to find balance in life between family, work and my own time. It’s difficult to find the balance in between all of that and juggle life, but I’m find that it’s easier if I make it a priority in my life. I’m making myself a priority in my life even that means taking an hour or so out of my day for me to work out or read. Working out has become my stress reliever and pairing it with reading just heightens that stress relief. Reading allows me to zone out and just focus on the story in my hands (literally). I’m a sucker for romance genres (of course), classics and biographies, but recently I’m getting more into some personal development. Regardless of the book I’m reading I’m ending my days feeling more empowered than the day before.
This segment of the blog will be dedicated to the books I’ve read during the month. This space will help me with stay accountable with all of my reading as my goal is to read at least one book a month for a total of 12 books a year. This won’t be a monthly post as it would be too hard to keep up with reading and writing about the books, instead I will update every quarter (hence my volumes).  Get it ;)

My books for this quarter were:  


01.    Year of Yes - Shonda Rhimes

My best friend gifted me this book for my 26th birthday/ Christmas. I couldn’t have received this book at a better time in my life. I love everything Shonda Rhimes, but reading her story is nothing short of empowering. This book is the fuel I’ve used in 2017 to refocus my life. If you’re in a rut , I highly recommend diving into this book. It will change your life especially if you’re a wimp just like me J And spoiler alert, you won’t say “NO” ever again. A little glimpse of my year of yes is,  here.


I’ve been in love with Chip and Jo ever since I stumbled upon their show on Netflix. If you’re looking for a real down to earth power couple these two are your people. It doesn’t get any better than them. Their story will make you love them even more if you don’t already. 

03.    Fifty Shades of Grey-  E. L. James
04.   FiftyShades Darker- E. L. James
05.   FiftyShades Freed - E. L. James

      If you’re wanting a series to obsess over this is the series for you. I know that it gets a bad wrap for being a sex obsessed book, but honestly it’s so much more than that. It’s a powerful love story with unexpected twists. You’re also lying to yourself if you’re seriously turned off about this book because of sex. You know just as well as I do that sex goes hand in hand with being/falling in love. I will tell you that my favorite part of this series aside from the love story is Christian Grey. I don’t think I’ve ever read about a more fascinating than him. I’m obsessed. The movies don’t do the trilogy justice, but I love both movie and books! Of course, I love the books better. I spent weeks wrapped up in my own little Grey world. Btw, my husband scored and gifted this to me for Valentine's Day . Such a good man! Thank you for fueling my obsession.


      After finishing this book, I really wished that I read this book first before the actual FSG version. But nonetheless, after you read this book you understand Grey more. You don’t think he’s some crazy sex addict. You understand why he is the way he is, which says so much if you’ve read the series. All of the questions you had from the FSG series will be answered ( at least my questions were). I’ve heard that they’re in the talks for another version of the other FSG books from Grey’s perspective and I can’t wait!





I’d love to hear about any of your book recommendations! Let me know any of your favorites.

0 comments:

Post a Comment