Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Homemade Salsa




Salsa is so addicting. It’s always great to have it on hand and ready to eat for snacking and adding it to dinners. I started to create my own after I saw the Pioneer Woman create hers. It’s so easy to recreate that you won’t buy store bought anymore. You can adjust the heat to your taste too! I never feel bad about eating this salsa because I KNOW what is going in it. When I buy salsa at the store I end up having not enough or too much.  This portion size makes a lot of good salsa but it will go quick I promise!




INGREDIENTS 
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) diced Tomatoes ( I saw these fire roasted and w/ jalapenos that I wanted to try)
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
  • 3 clove Garlic (I roasted my garlic to give it more flavor)  
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin ( I used home pickled because I forgot to buy it! )
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1/2 cup Cilantro (we used one bunch because we love it! )
  • 1/2 whole Lime Juice ( I used the jar because I also forgot to grab some limes)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Add in all ingredients into your large blender. (This make a lot of salsa so if you don’t have a big blender make this recipe in batches).


  2. Blend or pulse the mixture until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like. Season more if needed.

  3. Taking mason jars (I used one 1 liter jar and 2 8 oz. jars you can use any jar you have on hand) pour your salsa into jars and seal.
  4.  Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour prior to serving  .

 

Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

0 comments:

Post a Comment