Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DIY Bow Board





I wanted to create a board for Haidyn to store all of her bows of the month and for future bows to come. I needed something big enough to hold all of them and something that wouldn’t break the bank. I saw that most mom’s like to use 2 boards, but I’d rather have one giant board in her bathroom for easy access to her bows. The big board would also serve as a great decoration too!


WHAT YOU NEED

  • Fabric (make sure it’s ironed! and pre-measured to fit board with 2 inches extra all around)
  • Quilt Batting
  • Scissors
  • Stapler
  • Foam poster board/ Stretched Canvas (I used the poster board because my girl has a TON of bows and I didn’t want to be pressured for the size of it.)
  • Grosgrain Ribbon ( 3 colors ; two different for the board and one for hanging )
  • Scissors
  • Fabric Glue (optional)
DIRECTIONS

  1. Lay fabric down then lay batting down on a solid surface/ clutter free work space.





  2.  Place foam board in the center of fabric and batting and start to glue all sides down. You may have to cut away excess fabric/batting from before gluing/stapling.  This step was the longest as I have to let the glue dry for a couple of hours.  


    i took what i had nearest me to weight the fabric down
  3. Reinforce glue with stapling all the fabric to the board. Don’t be scared the staples will hold. 
  4. Cut ribbons at least 2 inches longer than the length of the board. Evenly space them across the board. Glue or staple the ends of the ribbons down to the back of the board. I stapled my ribbon for a better hold. You can create any design for this step. 
  5.  Cut a ribbon and staple to the center of the back of the board to hold.
  6. Hang up your board and place all of your beautiful bows on it!


TOTAL COST:$18.00


0 comments:

Post a Comment