Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Filipino Recipes | Crockpot Chicken Adobo




The days that I make Filipino dishes for my family are my favorite. There is nothing more satisfying than cooking your native dish and your family loving it. It’s a way for me to share my heritage with my husband and to introduce it to my daughter. This dinner is extremely simple for weeknight dinners. My Papa cooked this for us every other week at home and he spent hours making the meat as tender as possible. Sorry Pa I ain’t got time for that! Dinner is served at 6:45pm at our house and if it isn’t someone is not happy ( hint it’s not me [: ) So I made the crockpot do all of the hard work for me to create a meal that  you think I spent hours slaving away at. Win-Win



INGREDIENTS

  • 3 -4 lbs pork (cut in 2-inch cubes) or 3 -4 lbs chicken (cut into serving pieces) ** in this meal I used chicken breast, you can use any part of the chicken you’d like **
  • 12 cup vinegar ** I use Filipino vinegar, found in any local Filipino store. **
  • 12 cup soy sauce ** I use Filipino soy sauce, found in any local Filipino store. **
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 -3 bay leaves, crumbled
  • 2 teaspoons peppercorns (whole) ** I used fresh pepper to make it baby friendly**
  • 4 cloves minced garlic 
  • diced potates ( optional
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 34 teaspoon ground pepper
  • 2 teaspoons salt (optional, you may put more soy sauce to your taste instead.)
  • Dash of sugar
DIRECTIONS
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker.
  2. Allow meat to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
  3. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours until pork/chicken is done.
  4. Serve with rice.
  5. To freeze and combine all ingredients in a freezer bag and freeze flat until ready to serve.
  6. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before pouring contents of bag in Crockpot. Cook as directed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment