Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY Vanilla Sugar Lip Scrub & Lime Sugar Lip Scrub


This winter season has been rough on my lips leaving them chapped. It doesn't help that I bite at my lips constantly during the day either. I've noticed that so many lip scrubs are incredibly pricey in stores. When I stumbled upon a DIY version on Pinterest, I just HAD to make it for myself.

I made two different versions, but the base of the scrubs are the same. I wanted to try a variation of the sugar scrubs using two types of sugar : brown and white. I noticed that the brown sugar is a lot coarser so it smoothes your lips almost instantly. On the other hand, the white sugar is finer so it does the same as the brown just more subtly. I chose vanilla because I mean c'mon who doesn't love vanilla? I also chose lime with white sugar because it reminded me of a margarita. And the lime scrub kind of tastes like one too :)

Yes, these are safe to eat!! Both work pretty well and get the job done. The best part of it all is the fact that I didn't have to buy it at the store because I had all of the ingredients in the cupboards of my kitchen. I put the scrubs in a contact lens container so that I could bring it with me in my purse to work everyday and I put the extra in an extra weekly pill container I had laying around. I love my lip scrubs and will most likely try to make more variations of it!  Enjoy! 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Vanilla Sugar Lip Scrub

 
 
 

 
 
 


Ingredients:
·         1 tsp coconut oil
·         1 tsp honey
·         1 tsp brown sugar
·         A tiny splash of vanilla ( all because it smells so damn good)
 
Directions:
1.       Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until it’s a smooth paste
2.       Store in an air tight container ( I put mine in the fridge right after making it)
3.       Scrub your mixture onto your soon to be luscious lips!


Lime Sugar Lip Scrub



 
 
 
 
 
 
Ingredients:
·         1 tsp coconut oil
·         1 tsp honey
·         1 tsp white sugar
·         ¼ tsp zest of a lime
·         ¼ tsp ( or less) juice of a lime  
Directions:
4.       Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until it’s a smooth paste
5.       Store in an air tight container ( I put mine in the fridge right after making it)
6.       Scrub your mixture onto your soon to be luscious lips!
 






1 comments:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete