Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Diaper Bag!



I know it's weird to say that I didn't want my diaper bag too be just like everyone else's, but I didn't want the same diaper bag everyone else will be carrying around. A lot of those regular diaper bags don't hold much of anything and I didn't want to lug around three bags to cover one baby. So when choosing a diaper bag I went with something that I could use for either gender ( in case we have more children) , something I could use when the kid(s) got older as well as something I could use when they no longer needed me to carry around a diaper bag for them anymore. I also didn't want to my husband to be embarrassed if he had to hold the diaper bag. I've seen those dad's out there.. :( So I chose Lululemon's 'Sweat Once a Day' Yoga bag a while back. I purchased this bag three or four months into my pregnancy so I had a lot of time to think it through and browse at what other mom's purchased for their babies. 

I absolutely love this yoga bag! The outside is  made out of polyurethane fabric; which makes it durable and easy to clean- it is a yoga/gym bag after all. The bag measures at 15" x 14" x 8" and is said to hold up to 50 lbs.  It's big enough to store all of the things she needs plus what mommy needs too. There are pockets in the front and the back of the bag for my necessities. Inside there is the most beautiful blue paisley design that I am in love with. It has a pull out "dirty" bag so that I can store her icky clothes/bibs etc. in it. Both sides inside have enormous pockets that can store all of her little goodies. One pocket is designed to hold a  15 in laptop... translate that to baby belongings will you?  That equals a lot of space! There is a corner mesh pocket that is able to hold  a  water bottle and in my case it would be her bottle ( it's extra since I will be breast feeding and don't plan on bottle feeding unless I can't feed her) . 


This bag wasn't meant for using it as a diaper bag, but I am completely satisfied that I bought it for my little girl. I know that the bag is a bit pricey since it doesn't come with anything that you need for a baby, but the the usage I will get out of this bag is going to be incredible. I can't wait to use it for her!



Inspirational saying from Lulu:)


"Dirty Bag"


* blog next on what I will be putting in the diaper bag!

0 comments:

Post a Comment