Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Diaper Bag Essentials

Now that I've done a post on the diaper bag itself, I felt that it was more than appropriate to write about what went into that bag :) This list is what I think is important and practical for baby whether I , Daddy or the grandparents have her .


Separating everything in the diaper bag was my issue since baby's need so much so I bought the polka dot and stripe set mini bags at Charming Charlie's which would perfectly separate what I needed to be separated and make it easier on everyone. Each bag is it's own "kit" so that there is no confusion on what mini bag to grab. These 3 mini bags cost $10.00 and they are so cute!


1. Polka Dot Bag 1- "Diaper Kit"
    - This "kit" includes :
               *  baby diaper rash cream (desitin)
                 * baby poweder (trial size so that I may refill)
                  *travel baby wipes ( also so that I may refill )
                   *diapers of course!

2. Stripe Bag 2 - "Cleaning/Safety Kit"

  - This "kit" includes :
               *  first aid kit - bought this from the travel section at Walmart for about $2.00 if that.
               * boggie wipes - for those times that kleenex isn't enough
               *  kleenex- for those times that H just needs to freshen up
               * hand sanitizer ( I also have another mini hand sanitizer on the outside of the bag too)
               * lysol travel size ( I bought this for a $1.00 from Target for spraying down her changing mat)


3. Polka Dot Bag 3- "Outfit Kit"

  - This "kit" includes :
               *  3 Changes of clothes
   As she grows, I know that she will be needing a lot more than 3 changes, but I don't think we                                                                         plan on taking her many places for a long time. 

4. Bottle - This bottle is extra for when Daddy/Grandparents take her out without me. I won't be using the bottle when I'm with her. 
5. Travel size: Baby Shampoo, Baby Body Wash and Baby Lotion
   I bought the entire travel size bottles at Walmart. These will be easy to use as well as to refill. 

6. Safety Kit - This has everything you would need from cutting baby's nails to measuring baby's fever. 


7. Diaper Mat
8. H's Owl Wallet- This has all of the baby coupons I saved for all of her baby needs and her contact card incase the bag gets lost. 

9. Hungry Caterpillar :)- This toy will change out as she clings on to her other toys. 
   Since this is the book she favors the most when I read it to her, I figured that she'd probably love him out of the womb too<3
10. Infinity Breast Feeding Scarf (link provided on how to make this for yourself) 
                                             
11. Burp Rag 
12. Receiving Blanket 

   


   



             


1 comments:

  1. ting everything in the diaper bag was my issue since baby's need so much so I bought the polka dot and stripe set mini bags at Charming Charlie's which ... bbabydiaperbags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete