Monday, December 9, 2013

Last Few Weeks in Pictures :)




I've been meaning to put up this blog since Thanksgiving. I know, I know I'm awful. Better late than never, right? ha The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy. We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. It was incredibly mellow. We ate at a simple buffet in Sparks and afterwards we watched "Catching Fire". Last Thanksgiving we made lunch for both of our families and it was so hectic.. especially because we just moved into our apartment. I'm glad we won't be doing that again until next year with the baby.
Mom & Me

Jon & Mom:)

Mom & Waymon:)













We've been house hunting for a new rental home for our expanding family. I can't even begin to tell you all how exciting that has been. Picturing all of our stuff in our new home plus giving a home to our baby girl's stuff is making everything feel a little more real. :) We sent in an application for a house. We're hoping to hear back sometime this week so we can finally start packing!! I've never been so excited to move in my life:)


Aside from house hunting we've been lounging at home. We figured that since our days are numbered in our last home without kids we'd savor these last few months. We realized that our family is growing and we probably won't be able to just sit around and watch SVU all day with Sass anymore :( Sass has been enjoying her days as the "baby" of our family. She is attached to Waymon's hip ALL THE TIME now. It's so cute. Where ever he goes ( and it doesn't matter where) she'll follow and tag along. He will sit in his room for hours playing his video games and she'll be right at his feet cheering her Daddy on. She is also loving being around all of H's clothes and diaper boxes. She throws her hair tie or mouse at the boxes as if they're going to magically throw them for her to fetch. I think she's settling into the idea of being a big sister.


















After we found out the sex of the baby we got to eat lunch from the GourMelt truck here in Reno. Thanks to Stacy who contacted them!  If you haven't tried it you seriously need to. They have thee best grilled cheese sandwiches ever. I know you must be thinking I'm a crazy woman for telling you that, but they have so many different options for grilled cheeses it will blow your mind. I had the Rise and Shine which included an egg, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese on Great Basin Brewing Co's Icky bread along with a side of garlic fries. I tried to eat it all, but I couldn't :( I ate all the fries though! ha Waymon and I are pretty big supporters in trying local restaurants here in Reno. You can't beat the quality of food.

Gourmelt!!! 

Rise and Shine
Waymon and I have been scrambling to buy everyone in our family presents this year. It's so odd to me that we love and know them so well that we NEVER know what to get them for Christmas. This year we hit all the deals for everyone and shopped for about an hour. We spent more time looking at baby clothes and gear than anything else. Whoops! Sass is addicted to the wrapping paper this year, so I decided that she will be wrapping everyone's presents. I don't think she minded too much. :) 



Now getting to this past weekend.. Stacy, Chris and I had a friend date which consisted of our favorites: cupcakes from Batch Cupcakery and tea from Too Soul Tea co. Both places are local and so worth going to. We're regulars at both places and I'm good with that. :) From Batch I got their "S'mores" cupcakes (and smashed it) while from Too Soul I got their December special "Peppermint Hot Coco". I had chocolate overload and couldn't eat anything else for awhile, but it was soooo worth it!  




0 comments:

Post a Comment