Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY Breast Feeding Scarfs Part II

I've gotten the hang of sewing these bad boys. I'm pretty impressed on how easy it is to make these scarfs. I noticed from the last time I made these from the Pinterest tutorial I followed, that mine are thicker since I am sewing four ends together instead of two. I'm okay with how thick it is because when I do use this in public I would like MAXIMUM coverage. Both scarfs below are smaller in length than the previous tutorial. It's shorter on the neck when I put it on.  I think I might make it a yard and a half next time I find a cute fabric. :) There was a sale at Joann Fabrics this week for 60 % off for most of the fabrics. This store is literally my heaven. I went for the first time with Chris and Stacy this past Sunday. I could DIE in there. ha!


Instructions :
-Start by laying fabric out on a solid surface. I laid mine on the floor. My fabric was folded in half (length wise) when I laid it out. My fabric was 36 in x 22 in. (Typical fabric in half from the store, you could cut the fabric in half lengthwise again to make it thinner. I would test out what you'd like.)

 -Fold the fabric up ( it should measure 18 in x 30 in) . 
-Pin the opposite side of the fold and sew. I sewed mine using a needle and thread :) I don't have a sewing machine, but if I did I would cut close to the seam of the pinned side when finished. 
-I went through what I sewed one more time to secure the thread. It took me about 30-35 minutes again for each! 


CUPCAKES!                                                       
ha! Sorry for Sass
Folded in 1/2
Finished product


 DIA DE LOS MUERTOS!



TIME: 30-35 MINUTES
PRICE : $14.00 FOR two, 1 yard fabrics from Joann 


Next project, I think it'll be sewing an infinity scarf for Baby H:) ah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment