Monday, November 18, 2013

This Week in Pictures : Apple Hill Edition




Apple Hill is something to now check off of my bucket list. I still cannot believe how truly amazing this place is. I went with Stacy ( of course) and her mom  (my second mom) :) It was a nice little girl's getaway for a day. When we went up to Apple Hill the weather was perfect. I was comfortable in my long sleeve shirt, leggings, long socks, boots, light cardigan, scarf and beret. The breeze was nicely complimented by the warm sun. Of course, we traveled two hours for the apples ( I still can't get enough of them) , but we also wanted to see the crafts sold there. In fact, I bought the baby their very first owl knitted beanie! The lady I purchased this from had a real knack for knitting. She was extremely passionate about what she did. She made bows and beanies in all kinds of sizes.  The amount of excitement over apples was not overwhelming as some may think. I would love to take baby H there one day to enjoy the little corn maze, horses and hay rides with Waymon.  It made my heart happy knowing that I would be able to take my bundle of joy to the place I enjoyed this time next year. I grinned as I wrote that previous sentence. :)

Our first stop was to scope out the apples. My goal of the day was to buy a box of apples. This stop you could choose to hand pick your apples from huge bins or boxes that have been pre-picked for you! The apples in the bins looked delicious, but I didn't want to buy apples right off the bat. I bought a Dutch Apple Pie for my mommy as well as ate Apple Donuts. YUM!!!  This is the stop where I bought the owl beanie.. I couldn't resist! Oh! And I also couldn't resist buying an 'Apple Cider Shake'. You can tell the obvious joy in my face while I hold the precious thing. ha! 







Next stop, was to Boa Vista! This stop has thee most beautiful selection of fruit I've ever seen. I couldn't stop 'oohing and ahhing' over the selection. This stop I could not stop sampling the fresh fruit. (Yes, for you pregnancy nazis I made sure that the fruit was washed and cleaned before consuming) I'm a sucker for Fuji/Gala apples but at after trying the Pink Lady apples I'm a believer. This stop is where we spent the most time as we went through every isle to see what each isle had to offer- which was A LOT. :) I bought my 13 lbs of apples here. I was EXTREMELY happy afterwards. 










Our trip ended with Abel's. I didn't get to snap any photos for this stop, due to me admiring all of the little families around. :D Don't worry though, next year I'll have pictures up with my little family enjoying all the festivities Abel's has to offer as well as the rest of Apple Hill. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment