Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mississippi Mud Cake




We have a ton of potlucks for our team. We’re obviously the team that loves to celebrate! Can you blame us ? When you work in an office and there’s not much excitement day to day , celebrating will keep you sane. I’ve made it my mission to make the desserts for our potlucks. This mud cake was first on my Pinterest list! As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to make it. It’s a good as it looks and I love how simple it was to make. It was a crowd pleaser and I took almost nothing home for Haidyn and Waymon to try. 




INGREDIENTS
  • One boxed chocolate cake ( I used Devil’s Food Cake)
  • All ingredients for boxed cake
  • 1 (10.5 oz) bag of miniature marshmallows
FROSTING  
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Bake chocolate cake according to instructions.

  2. Remove cake from oven and sprinkle marshmallows to cover cake.
  3. Return to oven (at 350 degrees F) for 2-3 minutes or until the marshmallows are just slightly puffed and melted.
  4. Allow cake to cool completely before drizzling frosting on top.
  5. Creating the frosting:  Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
  6.  Add milk and cocoa powder and whisk well. Cook for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened slightly.
  7. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and powdered sugar.
  8. Use an electric mixer to make the frosting smooth.
  9. Drizzle warm frosting immediately over cake.
  10. Refrigerate cake for about 30 minutes or until frosting has set.






    Recipe Adapted From here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment