Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Jon's Basic Training Graduation

My entire family to say the least is EXTREMELY proud of Jon and his accomplishments.  Graduation took place at Fort Still, OK on July 3rd, 2014.  My mom attended the graduation since we were unable to go. It killed me knowing that I couldn't be there for him on his big day. I've attended everything for Jon and this is the one occasion I had to sit out of ( and hopefully it will be the ONLY one).  I don't think I've seen my mom happier and prouder than this day. They haven't seen each other for 9 weeks ( give or take). My mom called me excited that she FINALLY saw Jon.











Now, I see Jon in a different light. Growing up, we were Navy Brats and we swore to each other that we wouldn't join the service because we hated all the traveling, but that all changed. I remember the day that Jon broke the news about him joining. We were all shocked. We couldn't believe that he wanted to join, but his reasons for joining made it so we no longer questioned him. It's hard to think that he will most likely always be far away from my Mom and I, but we couldn't honestly think of anything else that we would rather see Jon do. I can't believe the my little brother is now serving our country. He's going to do so much good in this world, just like I knew he would.






0 comments:

Post a Comment