Friday, August 25, 2017

Literary Booked | Vol. Two





When I took a picture of all the books I read from April through June I was truly shocked. I kicked my yearly goals ass in half a year! I did nothing but read day in and day out and I was completely lost in reality. I had no complaints whatsoever. I of course stopped reading so much when my nephew passed because life just got so chaotic suddenly. I’ve taken a long break from reading, but I can’t wait to finish out the year strong on my reading list! Also, I will finally be able to read because I finished Game Of Thrones. ( I couldn’t get anything done while I was bingeing that glorious show!) 

My books for this quarter were:  

01.   Howl Allen Ginsberg – This is a short poem book. If you’re a Gilmore Girl fan you know that this is the “Jess” book. It’s very raw and real. It definitely shows you a taste of the world back in the day when the world was to be perfect and others were fighting hard to not be censored. 
02.   The Perks of Being A Wallflower Steven Chobsky – I’ve watched the movie years ago and tried to watch the read the book immediately after and it never panned out. I finished the book in two days this year and it definitely still resonates with me. We make such a difference in people's lives and we don't even know it. 
03.   The Year of Magical Thinking Joann Didon- Oddly enough I read this book right before I lost my nephew and it helped me get through the pain and the hurt. This book is amazing. It starts off slow, but if you're going through grief or have ever gone through it. You will understand where she's coming from and she really does touch base on every feeling you will have throughout your grief process. I promise, it does get better with time.
04.   13 Reasons Why Jay Asher - I wish I read this book in high school. I wasn't an outcast perse in high school, but towards the end of my senior year I wasn't having such a great experience . I felt exactly like this and after binging the show and reading the book I'm so glad that I didn't end everything back then. This book reminds you that we make an impact in people's lives whether we believe that or not.
05.   A Dog’s Purpose Bruce Cameron- This is the first book that's made me cry in such a long time. I have a soft spot especially when it comes to my dog Rory. It captures the dog's perspective perfectly and I definitely love Rory so much more now because of this book. I need her more than she needs me that's for sure. Also if you're trying to watch the movie , ditch it and read the book instead. The movie doesn't do this book ANY justice.
06.   Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone J.K Rowling
07.   Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  J.K Rowling
08.   Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  J.K Rowling
I've started  the Harry Potter obsession. I will admit that I tried to read this series when it first came out, but because I didn't read that well in the fourth grade I wasn't interested. Now, it's a completely different story. I love this series and even though I already know what happens I love going through all of the details and diving into the world J.K Rowling creates. It's like nothing I've read before. I can't wait to finish the series by the end of the year!



0 comments:

Post a Comment