Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Fourth of July


We made the best out of Fourth of July holiday this year since it happened to land right in the middle of the week. Any excuse Haidyn has to be out at her Hootsee and Papa’s house she is taking full advantage of and counting down the days until she’s there.   Typically we spend the holiday with our holiday with the family out at the lake but this year everyone had to work the day of or the day after so a lake day didn’t pan out. We made it out to Wadsworth in enough time to spend a couple of hours at the lake for a day and have Haidyn chill in her pool for the rest of the time. She has no qualms of being in the water for any given amount of time .



Little fact about myself, I can’t swim. It’s a stupid fact and I know that I need to figure out my life and learn but right now its not happening. Haidyn learned that her Hootsee and Daddy CAN swim so at the lake no f’s were given about me giving her tips on how to build a sandcastle  because I didn’t know how to swim like Hootsee and Daddy . She wanted to swim with them, which was the cutest sight ever. I got in the water for a bit to sit / stand in because it was too damn hot outside but eventually ended up back at the tent to read.

















After our lake day, we spent the rest of our time relaxing at home. Fernley has some pretty gnarly fireworks but I didn't want to deal with the crowds, lines or Haidyn freaking out because of how close the fireworks actually are . We opted to avoid all the drama and set off some sparklers. Good thing we kept it simple because it was so windy by the time we were setting them off that it took us a good 20 minutes to find a good spot / way to light them off.

 


Haidyn stayed with her grandparents for the remainder of the week while Waymon and I had to go back to work for one lame day . Haidyn was already begging to go back to Hootsee's as I was picking her up. I feel you baby girl being out at Hootsee and Papa's is my favorite too. I can't believe that summer is almost over! I can't wait for our other summer trips!












0 comments:

Post a Comment