Wednesday, February 12, 2014

How to Clean Your Keurig



Cleaning your Keurig is a lot simple than you'd think. I got to the point where I was tired of having my tea tasting exactly like my coffee. I know that’s so gross! After a year of being a Keurig owner, I decided that we should probably take a stab at cleaning the damn thing!



What you’ll need:
-White vinegar (lots of it- I bought 2 jugs of it from the dollar store)
-Water (Lots of it)
-Patience (Lots of it)
-Clean toothbrush for cleaning/paper towels
-Large bowl

Directions:
1.      Empty out the water from water reservoirs and fill with vinegar
2.      Let vinegar sit in reservoir for about 5 minutes
3.      Brew hot cups of vinegar through your Keurig machine in to large bowl ( this will take up A LOT of time)
4.      Dump filled bowl as necessary
5.      After emptying the reservoir of the vinegar fill it twice with water getting rid of all of the vinegar  into large bowl
6.      Clean the needle of the Keurig with water and wipe thoroughly with a damp paper towel
7.      Clean surroundings of K-Cup area as well with toothbrush and damp paper towel
8.      Fill up your reservoir and enjoy a fresh tasting cup of joe or tea again!


It's screaming... "CLEAN ME!!"

The crap I was drinking! Yuck!

Cleaning the Keurig was extremely simple. I felt so bad waiting a year before I started to clean it . Whoops! Lessoned learned. No MORE coffee flavored tea for me! I will probably do this more often so that the Keurig is fresh and always clean. Why not right? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment