Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What's in My Hospital Bag?

Here I am 32 weeks in and I've had my hospital bag packed since I was 25-26 weeks. I'm a little over eager about baby girl's big day... to say the least. I've had all of the general things I would need packed since then, but not until a couple weeks ago was I actually really prepared to go to the hospital with the bag. I know that I won't be able to be as prepared as I'd to be since right now it's all up to my girl on when everything happens and how it happens, but I'm happy knowing that I prepared what I could.



I have three separate bags to bring to the hospital: mommy & baby bag, daddy's bag and the "Oh @#$% I forgot ...." bag.

Mommy & Baby Bag


Baby girl's bag:

I didn't want to bring diapers or anything like that to the hospital because they'll be providing a lot of that type of stuff there. I just wanted her to have her clothes, because I don't know how long we will be there. I also wanted her to have her essential stuff so that she's comfortable.


Clothing:
  1. 3 pairs of socks
  2. 1 beanie
  3. 1 pair of scratch mittens
  4. 2 sets of jammies
  5. 3 pairs of leggings
  6. 3 regular onesies 
  7. 2 white onesies 
  8. 1 going home outfit :) 


Baby essentials: 
  1. 1 swaddling blanket
  2. 1 burp rag
  3. 1 blanket 
  4. 1 breast feeding infinity scarf
  5. 1 soft toy

 I didn't want to not bring my breast feeding scarf since I know that a lot of our family and friends want to meet her. I don't want to have to shoo people away especially when I can feed and talk while I cover her. Everything else is for her to be comfortable with since they are her things.

Mommy's Bag : 

Again, I don't know how long we will be there, I've practically packed for a week of staying in the hospital. Will I need it? Probably not, but hey I'd rather be prepared. I also hate the fact that right now Nevada is bipolar with it's weather and can't make up it's mind if we're in Spring or Winter. 


Mommy Clothing: 
  1. 2 pairs of sweats 
  2. 1 pair of capri yoga pants 
  3. 1 pair of shorts 
  4. 1 pair of parachute type yoga pants ( they're from Target and are AMAZING) 
  5. 3 regular tank tops . 
  6. 1 pair of flip flops 
  7. 1 pair of moccasins. I can use these as shoes and slippers in the hospital. 
  8. Washable nursing pads 
  9. 4 Layering/ Nursing tank tops
  10. 2 "Nursing Bras". I'm using Old Navy sports bras for this. 
  11. 1 Belly Band. Just so that I can hold my pants up and keep everything held in after delivery. 
  12. 1 tube of nursing gel
  13. 3 pairs of comfy socks to sleep in. 
  14. 2 robes 
  15. 1 huge comfy sweater .. these are like my security blanket these days. 
  16. Panties/Pads. I didn't go out and buy huge panties so I'm using the ones I don't care about- approx 6. 
  17. 3 regular t-shirts 



Mommy Essentials: 
  1. Make up Bag 
  2. Toiletry Bag 
  3. Showering essentials 
  4. Trash Bags- For all of the dirty clothes/pillows/junk 
  5. Clean up kit: contacts, q-tips, cotton balls and bobby pins

Daddy Bag 


Daddy's bag is pretty simple since he doesn't need much. 

Daddy Clothing: 
  1. 1 pair of flip flops 
  2. 1 pair of basket ball shorts 
  3. 3 t-shirts
  4. 3 pairs of underwear 





Oh @#$% Bag

This is for pillows (neck pillow/regular pillow) , camera, chargers and everything else I might forget. :) 



2 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl...I love, love, love your blog. I love it because you are new and I am old at it. I love it because the first time is the time that there is so much uncertainty, excitement and fear. When I was going to post first I thought well here's how it was for me...

    This is your time, your experience and I'm so excited to read the posts and see the pictures. Can't wait to see the pics/posts/visit you when that little one comes into the world. So proud and happy for you that you've documented so well. Your child/children will love you for it. Keep up the good work little mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closer I get to my due date, the happier I am that I wrote everything down. I wanted to remember everything about my pregnancy and I'm glad that I will get to reread everything in the future. I'm over prepared and over eager but when the day comes I just want to focus on her nothing else. (: Thank you Sherri!

    ReplyDelete