Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Frozen Smoothie Packs


I don't know about you, but I am ALWAYS in a rush in the mornings. No matter what I do I always seem to be rushing and if I'm not rushing then I'm forgetting something. :) I made these frozen smoothie packs so that I could 1. use my fruit/spinach up, 2. be prepared and 3. to drink my breakfast on the go! Nothing beats fast, simple AND healthy! Right about now I can't really put down a lot of food, but I love fruit so mixing the two was perfect for me. You can mix and match the fruits as you please and substitute soy milk or almond milk for milk.  




Ingredients:
-1 ½ bananas
-1 ½ apples
-1 ½ cup chopped strawberries
-3-5 handfuls of spinach
-1 cup oatmeal (divided)
-1/2 cup flaxseed meal (divided)

Directions:
1.     Divided all ingredients into different blender cups ( you are more than welcome to divide these into plastic bags)
2.     Pop these in the freezer
3.     Morning of blending: add milk and blend!

Easy, simple and so good for you!  Hey ! It beats having a donut in the morning or not having breakfast at all. Curb those awful cravings/habits and start the day right. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment