Friday, December 30, 2016

26 & The Pursuit of Happiness




This year differed from every other year. I don’t what it was about 25 but something just clicked within me. I didn’t want to have to please anyone. I know how insensitive that seems like, but if you know me I’m a people pleaser and always have been. I’ve always thought that, that was the way to go.  Shortly did I realize that being a people pleaser made me so unhappy. I wasn’t happy with how I moved all my cards around to accommodate how people were feeling. What the hell is that! Why was I doing that? So I stopped. 

I stopped focusing on what was going to make others happy and started focusing on what made me happy. This year alone I’ve clocked in so many hours at work and regretted the days that I wasn’t able to spend with my babes at home. The latter made me realize that life must go on, but I should find a way in which I AM happy with what I’m doing. I cut the bullshit and clutter in my life. If it didn’t make me happy, I cut it. It was refreshing to cut out all of the things in my life that I honestly didn’t need. 


Now on my 26th year, I’m happy with slowing doing a little and taking time for myself.  Now, I’m not going off and doing anything crazy but I do like to savor my Sunday’s with my family. Sunday’s are becoming the days in which we bond and stay in our PJ’s all day together. Who can beat that? I find myself now laughing, smiling and waking up every morning loving the life I live more than I ever have. This is what true happiness feels like and it’s amazing. I’m thrilled to see what 26 has for me. 25 has been so good to me.



Thank you for all the birthday wishes.
XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment