Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Upgrading the Green Monster




When I started to venture into the cooking/baking world my mama gifted me this kitchen aid. It’s been years since then and I still use this it weekly if not daily in our home. We looove it. But lately, it’s been such an eye sore due to the bright lime green color. I can’t for the life of me get anything to match it in our kitchen, but can you blame me?  * note that I did not choose the color of this kitchen aid. * With much pinterest inspiration I decided to take the plunge and DIY the green monster because have you seen what it costs to replace it?!? You know that this frugal mama ain’t about that life. So I saved the green monster and turned it into a beautiful black swan.








The cost to DIY our girl was around $10. We choose a simple black gloss paint and clear top coat. We cleaned her and taped off all of the areas we didn’t want to have painted and viola she’s as good as new! We waited days for the paint to full dry as well as the top coat to do its thing.  Haidyn loves commenting on how shiny it is.  It’s seriously so beautiful and fits in with our kitchen. She sticks out now, but in a good way. Werk girl!





0 comments:

Post a Comment