Friday, August 30, 2019

Haidyn got her hair did


We know that we waited a long time before cutting Haidyn's hair. Waymon wanted to wait until she was five to cut her hair. He told me he wanted to wait that long right after we had her and I thought that it was nuts to wait that long. I honestly thought that I would eventually convince him to change his mind after a year , but here we are five years later and I'm the one who hesitated to get it cut. 
Waymon picked the date and of course Hootsee set everything up with her awesome hair dresser Sony. 




















Haidyn didn't know what to expect since she's never gotten her cut but she's seen her Hootsee in Sony's chair a couple times before so she knew she was in good hands. As we saw her hair fall to the ground we were so relieved! We went in thinking that an inch off the bottom would do the trick, but we left with cutting four inches off! That sounds like a ton, but if you've seen this girl's horse hair you would understand. Haidyn's hair was past her butt prior to us cutting it. Haidyn left Sony's chair like a new person. We walked in with our five year old and walked out with a teenager . 



 I was scared that Haidyn wouldn't have the curly ends that I envy most days. For an entire week after her haircut her hair was as straight as Waymon's and I panicked, but after that first week her beautiful curls came back.  Her hair is a little more manageable, but you gotta love her lion's mane. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment