Monday, August 26, 2019

Flourless Zuchini Brownies



I'm a sucker for any recipe that pairs veggies and chocolate so good that I don't taste the veggies. That's living life guilt free my friends. I was given a ton of zucchini from a friend at work and I jumped at the chance to make my double chocolate zucchini bread for work and this flourless zucchini brownies for the family. I'm trying to stay away from flour in general so this recipes is everything. Haidyn helped make these bad boys and loved it. As she grows she's becoming so picky with the veggies she eats but with this recipe she didn't even care! This recipe is kid proof and you won't miss that pesky flour. I promise. The original recipe is from here!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup creamy natural almond butter
  • 1 ripe medium banana mashed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chopped chocolate 


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  2. Grease 9x9 baking pan . 
  3. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and  mix batter until it is fully incorporated. 

  4. Stir in the zucchini. 

  5. Once your mixture is combined stir in a ½ cup of the chocolate chips. 
  6. Pour mixture into prepared pan. 
  7. Add in the remaining ½ cup chocolate. 
  8. Bake brownies in the oven for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  9. Allow brownies to cool before cutting and try not to demolish all of the brownies at once. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment