Thursday, April 10, 2014

Overnight Oats


It's a struggle for me in the morning to get something together to eat in the morning. Every day, I contemplate on what I'm going to eat. I go through about 10 different things I COULD eat before actually choosing something to eat. This week I didn't want to go through that hassle and decided to stick with my trusty overnight oats.

This is really easy to make and really good to eat. Trust me!

Ingredients:

  • fruits ( I like to use berries) 
  • soy milk ( you could use almond or regular) 
  • greek yogurt ( I like to Fage, but this is what I had in the fridge) 
  • Chia seeds 
  • Flax seeds *optional
  • Plain oats 
Directions: 
  1. Place 1/3 cup of oats in your containers
  2. Add in 1/4 cup yogurt 
  3. Add in 1 tsp or so of chia seeds 
  4. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of flaxseeds 
  5. Add in chopped berries, as many or as little as you'd like
  6. Add in 1/2 cup or so of milk 



I don't stir my oat meal when I make it. I like to stir it all right when I eat it. You could add more milk if you need more. I love my oatmeal really thick and creamy and this consistency has always worked for me.  These will last me the rest of the week. I wouldn't make more than 5 of them at once. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment