Monday, November 7, 2016

The Boa Vista Trip




We took our annual trip to Apple Hill this past weekend and we finally got to take my mother in law up with us! We were so excited, but we didn’t anticipate Haidyn to be under weather during our visit. I knew she wouldn’t be feeling 100% the entire time but I figured this trip would be her at least somewhat better. I was wrong. We made it through those windy hills, I almost hurled because the Dramamine didn’t work, Haidyn threw a fit for being in the car too long and we made it to one orchard. It was a bit of a mess, but it wouldn’t be our family if everything went perfect. 








Now, I must say that though we only made it to one orchard, we made it to our favorite orchard Boa Vista. It’s probably one of my favorite places to be. There were no more pumpkins but the apples were overflowing. We stopped to eat lunch here and if you haven’t had lunch here it’s a must. The food is simple but delicious. Even my picky eater ate! This orchard is always so packed because of everything that is going on. You can’t beat a sampling station for their fruits as well as a hard cider/wine sampling! During our trip, I was determined to get our Thanksgiving apple pie and I settled on their Dutch Apple Pie. Mmm.. I can’t wait to bake it!





 

After we bought all of our goodies, Haidyn and I headed to the Pu
mpkin Patch with no pumpkins. She was sad that everyone tossed the pumpkins over the fence but she was happy to see them all none the less. She was impressed that now she can run around like all of the other kids.








 Next year, we will definitely be back with the entire family minus the crankiness of being under the weather (also an attitude adjustment on my end) and finally see more than one place in October. We’re just not November Apple Hill people with my kid obsessed with all things pumpkin. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment