Friday, August 19, 2016

Sacred Visions Pow Wow 2016

One of the biggest things we want to share with Haidyn is where she comes from.  We’ve always talked about raising her with understanding both cultures are equally important in her life because they make up her heritage. I don’t get to show her much her Filipino traditions here other than speaking in Tagalog or showing her some of our traditions, but I’m grateful that Waymon gets to show her some of his culture here. I’m also thrilled that I get to educate myself in his culture as well.










This year Haidyn was finally old enough to join our family in the Sacred Visions Pow Wow. I cannot even tell you how nervous I was to make her dress for this event especially because it was only a week after our move.  Thankfully everything turned out just fine.  Haidyn wore her first dress and receive the most beautiful earrings and matching hair pieces and moccasins. Haidyn had a blast being there with her family and didn’t want to stop dancing (more like running around). I had no idea I had to walk with her during Grand Entry until 30 minutes prior, but I was able to dress a little more appropriately thanks to Waymon’s Aunt and walk with Hootsee.  























Haidyn didn’t get to make it to her Tiny Tot dance due to her bedtime, but she had so much fun just being at the Pow Wow.  We’re looking forward to next year and hoping that I will be a little more prepared for next time.  I’m glad that I got to be a part of such a beautiful event with our girl.






Haidyn's Pow Wow Attire:  Simple Toddler Dress (handmade by me), Beads ( from hair pieces and moccasins by Heidi Barlese, Beadwork on hair pieces and moccasins by Myrna & Sage Dunn. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment