Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Strawberry Banana Yogurt Puppy Treats


I want to put out there that the only reason why I make dog treats is because I'm too lazy to run to the store anytime Rory needs more treats. I also believe that if I can make it to save me a little more money so much the better. Haidyn loves to help out any way she can when it comes to cooking. I told her we were making puppy treats and her excitement level went through the roof! She of course, got her hands dirty and started to eat the treats before we popped them into the oven . There are no actual pictures of the finished product due to me forgetting to take some and Rory loved them too much . [:


INGREDIENTS 

  • ½ cup diced strawberries
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • ¼ cup oatmeal
  • ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
DIRECTIONS 
  1. In a large bowl mash bananas and strawberries together.
  2. Add in flour, oatmeal, and yogurt. Stir until well combined.
  3. Turn dough out onto well floured counter.
  4. Flatten to 1/4” with a rolling pin.

  5. Cut treats into different shapes. We used a small cup to shape our treats.
  6. Place all treats on lightly greased cookie sheet.
  7. Bake in oven preheated to 350° F for 15-17 minutes or until golden and soft.
  8. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment