Sunday, December 31, 2017

Jingle All the Way



This past Christmas was probably our best one yet ( minus the fact that we were missing Rory). We even had our own friendmas with my girlfriend's family. Haidyn and I finally have mutually friends and it's pretty awesome. 



We spent our Christmas weekend out at my in laws as we try to do every year . Our own Christmas decor was down before we even left. We had a very low key Christmas . We drank and ate too much, but I'm not at all complaining. We spent a lot of time with the family . 



There was NO drama and NO fighting. If you know my family, that's some rare shit. (Obviously, not my extended family). It felt so weird with everyone and not fighting over the phone with at least someone. This was exactly how Christmas is suppose to feel. This is how I've always envisioned Christmas to be like. 





It honestly didn't feel like Christmas to me, but I knew I had to keep some of the spirit a live with Haidyn. I did my best and got her a elf on the shelf this year. Holy shit, was that thing a pain in the ass. I salute all of you parents out there that take the time to make sure that your elf does something spectacular for when your kid wakes up every single morning. Haidyn was lucky if that elf moved an inch throughout the house. I will say though that her elf motivated her to stay behaved. Haidyn had a weekend in which she was just so awful that her elf "Tonka" didn't even show up for that an entire weekend. Our kid isn't a bad kid, but when she's being a shit it gets pretty rough. All in all Haidyn had a wonderful time with her elf and Christmas. She loves this time of year and I intended to keep it that way. 




I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment