Sunday, December 31, 2017

27 & The Year of Yes



I'm 27 ya'll! ! I know it's taboo to let everyone in on your age, but I don't care! I'm not shy at all about how many years I've circle the moon. Remember when I read that amazing book at the beginning of the year that changed my mindset forever? If you don't , check it out here. I'm sure if you've followed me on social media I've done some major growing up and finding myself this past year. I recommend this book to anyone that wants to do the same. The entire book goes through saying "yes" to everything that scares you for an entire year. That's exactly what I did. I'm a total chicken shit when it comes to a lot of things. I hype myself up for no reason and chicken out before I do just about anything in my life. It really hindered me from doing everything fun and I really hated that. I stopped myself from living my life just because I was scared. I told myself to woman up and change that. I was scared shitless this entire year. I couldn't say no to anything ( I mean I could've, but I made myself say yes) because I wanted to be more fun and exciting.  Who the hell doesn't want to do that? On this list, I've even included anything that I've never wanted to do before even if it didn't scare me .

YEAR OF YES ACTIVITIES
  1. Started my beach body program 
  2. Ran CRAZY RUN 5 K
  3.  Jumped off of ledge at Fly High Trampoline Park 
  4. Survived Slaughterhouse Reno 
  5. Started on my sleeve 
  6.  Follow up on my sleeve ( I'm now too addicted)
  7. Called into the radio station and won tickets to a comedy show
  8.  Ran 5th Annual Turkey Trot - Fernley
  9. Applied for a new position for a promotion at work. 
  10.  Went to a comedy concert - Jo Koy!
  11.  Started whole 30 and completed it!
  12. Let loose with the family.  
  13. Oct Dressed up as a power ranger (It was an extremely very tight dress) 
  14. Watched IT in theaters . ( I don't watch scary movies!)
  15. Watched the original IT.  
  16. Saying 'No' to events that I didn't want to go to. 
  17. Cutting out toxic people out of my life without guilt. 
  18. Creating a book list and finished reading XX books this year. 
  19. Went to several KaiaFit classes w/out hesitation w/ my mother in law 
  20. Went to several Piloxing class w/ a friend. 
  21. Watching  new shows out of my comfort zone (i.e GOT) 
  22. Getting a double cartilage piercing 
  23. Dying my hair pink  and blue!
  24. Putting my true self out there on social media, without censoring myself
  25. Stuck to a Meal program for most of this year. 
  26. Going to a night club and danced like no one was watching.
  27. Jumped off of a platform . 

Now, that I've completed an entire year of YES I feel like a different person. I feel like the person I've always seen myself to be. I love the person I've grown into this year. I'm so much more fun and lively than I've ever been and I feel like I'm finally living .  It's taken my 27 years to feel like this and feel like I've broken my own mold. At the beginning of this year, I knew that this book and way of thinking would change me but I didn't know the full extent that it would change me. 2017 kicked my ass and tore me down. I didn't think I was going to get back up this year, if we're being brutally honest with one another, but I'm so glad that I rose up after being torn down. Now my year of YES will turn into my life of YES. I never want to settle on being average. I want more. I want to experience more and do more than I ever have. I have 26 years to make up for !




0 comments:

Post a Comment