Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe



This recipe takes me back to growing up in Napoli. I'm pretty sure that my love of pasta comes from growing up around eating pasta every day at school.  On the days that I miss Napoli, I recreate my childhood in this 15 minute, 5 ingredient dish for my family. It also  doesn't hurt that I can pair it with a great red wine and garlic bread for dinner.

INGREDIENTS
  • 8 ounces spaghetti
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
INSTRUCTIONS

1.      Bring a large pot of water to boil add in salt/olive oil, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1/2 cup water and drain well.

2.      In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan and set aside.
3.      Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
4.       Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy; reserve excess fat.
5.      Stir in garlic until fragrant and reduce heat to low.
6.      Quickly stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine.


7.      Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8.      Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.

9.      Serve immediately, garnish with parsley. ( optional)

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks great for a Father's Day dinner meal! I'm going to be serving four people. How many servings can this recipe make? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! This recipe should serve 4 people. My husband and I usually make this recipe for dinner and take it for lunch for an extra day or so. I hope you enjoy. Let me know how your dinner turns out! [:

      Delete