Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Moving.




I did our final walk through our home last night with Haidyn. I can’t believe in one year how much our lives have changed. I remember walking through the home with Waymon and falling in love.  Every inch of that house I loved from the moment I saw it. It felt like home right when we walked through the house the very first time. It was definitely the biggest fixer upper we’d seen but I loved that house.
I saw every room perfectly arranged and the walls decorated with all of our pictures. I remember walking into Haidyn’s room and picturing our baby girl in her room.  Our neighborhood was perfect for little walks with baby girl. The stairs were perfect for Sass to run and play. The backyard was the perfect size to hose our baby shower. I literally saw our lives flash by in that house( in a good way of course) .
Now that the keys are turned in and we’ve moved into our new home I feel so grateful to our first home. Everything from our home was a learning experience. Nothing came easy to us in that house. Every day there was something that tried our relationship as husband and wife and as parents. I remember breaking down to Waymon countless times because I couldn’t believe how hard being married and being a parent was going to be. The stress relived itself as we started packing and moving.  Without that house, I wouldn’t know what I know now- about being a mom and a wife.
That home will always be our first home. That home will always have a little piece of my heart.


1 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Love this post. :) Will you PM me on Facebook your new address so I can send you a holiday card?

    ReplyDelete