Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Vegan Tiramisu




Most of you know that I live for coffee. I’m sure at this point I would bleed out black coffee so tiramisu is my thing. It’s the one dessert other than cheesecake that I can’t resist. When I saw Fablunch create a vegan version I knew I had to recreate it myself. I felt a lot less guilty eating a serving of the vegan version than I usually do. I love how it tastes so similar to the real thing. Everyone in my family loves this version and Haidyn loves the filling so much that she was licking the blender! This recipe creates 6 small mason jars, but I placed everything into one container because I didn’t have the 6 mini jars on hand. It turned out just as amazing as I thought it would.

INGREDIENTS 
CRUST
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 6 dates
  • ¼ tsp instant coffee
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of sea salt
FILLING
  • 1¾ cup cashews (not soaked)
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • ⅓ cup maple syrup
  • ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of sea salt
  • cocoa powder for dusting
  • coffee beans for decorating
DIRECTIONS
  1. To make the crust, soak the dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes (shorter if using Medjool dates).
  2.  Add walnuts to the food processor and process until ground.
  3. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and process again.
  4. For the filling, combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 2 minutes until smooth.


  5. Place crust into a medium sized glass container and smooth (you may also divide it among 6 small mason jars if you have them).


  6. Add the filling on top of the crust.

  7. Place the mason jars in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
  8. Remove from the freezer and dust with cocoa powder and add coffee beans if desired.

  9. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to set completely.


See the original recipe here

0 comments:

Post a Comment